Staff from the Center for Vascular Diseases will call you with instructions regarding date and arrival time.
- Check with your doctor to see if you should stop any of your medications before your procedure.
- Depending on your procedure, you may be given a prescription for medication to take in advance. Please follow the instructions on the prescription.
- Drink as much water as possible the day before and after the procedure.
- Do not have anything to eat or drink after midnight the night before.
- Do not drink any alcohol or smoke for 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- Do not bring valuables such as jewelry or money.
- Bring inhalers, insulin and a list of your medications with the doses.
- Shower/Bathe the night before and the morning of your procedure.
- Call the office if any of the following symptoms develop before your procedure: fever, sore throat, cough, cold, vomiting, chest pain and diarrhea.
- Have a responsible adult available to drive you home after the procedure and stay with you for 24 hours after the procedure.
- You need to have lab work prior to your procedure. Please make sure this is completed prior to your arrival for the procedure.
For questions, please call The Center for Vascular Diseases, (508) 673-4329.