THE VENOUS SYSTEM ANATOMY
The venous system is made up of a network of veins, including:
- Superficial veins - veins located close to the surface of the skin
- Deep veins - larger veins located deep in the leg
- Perforator veins - veins that connect the superficial veins to the deep veins
The ClosureFast procedure treats venous reflux in the superficial venous system, often the underlying cause of painful varicose veins.
UNDERSTANDING VENOUS REFLUX DISEASE
Healthy leg veins contain valves that open and close to assist the return of blood back to the heart. Venous reflux disease develops when the valves that keep blood flowing out of the legs and back to the heart no longer function, causing the blood to pool in the legs, and leading to these signs and symptom.
- Varicose veins
- Leg or ankle swelling
- Leg heaviness and fatigue
- Leg pain, aching or cramping
- Burning or itching of the skin
- Restless legs
- Skin changes or rashes
- Ulcers, open wounds, or sores.
Venous reflux disease is a progressive medical condition and if left untreated, may worsen over time and develop into a more serious form of venous disease called chronic venous insufficiency (CVI).
EXPERIENCE THE CLOSUREFAST PROCEDURE
The ClosureFast procedure is performed on an outpatient basis. Using ultrasound, your physician will position the catheter into the diseased vein through a small opening in the skin. The small catheter delivers heat to the vein wall, causing it to shrink and the vein to seal closed. Once the diseased vein is closed, blood will reroute itself to other healthy veins.
Following the procedure, a simple bandage is placed over the insertion site, and additional compression may be provided to aid healing. Your doctor may encourage you to walk, and to refrain from extended standing and strenuous activities for a period of time. The average patient typically resumes normal activities within a few days.
Studies have shown:
- Relief of symptoms after two days
- Less pain than laser - an outpatient procedure with local or general anesthesia
- Proven results with positive patient outcomes and experience
- Rapid recovery - on average patients resume normal activities with in a few days
See what the ClosureFast procedure can do for you.